The Nintendo OSAKA Store: The Ultimate Destination for Nintendo Fans
If you are a Nintendo fan, you probably know that there are only two official Nintendo stores in Japan: Nintendo TOKYO in Shibuya and Nintendo OSAKA in Umeda. Both stores offer a wide range of Nintendo games, consoles, and merchandise, as well as events and game experiences. But what makes the Nintendo OSAKA store special? In this blog post, I will share with you some of the highlights of my visit to the Nintendo OSAKA store, which opened on November 11, 2022.
Location and Access
The Nintendo OSAKA store is located on the 13th floor of the Daimaru Umeda department store, which is connected to the Osaka JR station. The store is easy to access by train, subway, or bus from various parts of Osaka and nearby cities. The store is open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays, and from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sundays and holidays. The store follows the same business days as the Daimaru Umeda department store.
Store Design and Atmosphere
The Nintendo OSAKA store has a spacious and colorful interior, with a floor area of about 800 square meters. The store is divided into several sections, each featuring a different Nintendo game or series, such as Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Pikmin, and more. The store also has a large screen that displays various Nintendo videos and announcements.
One of the most eye-catching features of the store is the pixelated Mario sculpture and pipe at the entrance, which look like they came straight out of a game screen. You can take photos with them and feel like you are entering the world of Super Mario.
Another feature that I loved was the statues of various Nintendo characters that are displayed throughout the store. They are very detailed and realistic, and they make you feel like you are meeting your favorite characters in person. You can find statues of Link, an Inkling, Isabelle and Tom Nook, and more.
Merchandise and Products
The Nintendo OSAKA store offers more than 2,000 items related to Nintendo games and characters, including about 1,000 original items that are only available at the official stores. You can find everything from games and consoles to plushies, stationery, apparel, home goods, kitchenware, accessories, and more.
Some of the items that caught my attention were:
- The Yoshi-themed items, such as the egg-shaped key case, cushion, tea set, and cookie molds.
- The Animal Crossing-themed items, such as the villager loungewear, gyroid apron and towel, kettle and pot set, and desk set.
- The Pikmin-themed items, such as the desk accessories that look like Pikmin are messing with your pens and papers, the vases that look like growing Pikmin, and the rainwear that makes you look like a giant Pikmin.
- The Super Mario-themed items, such as the question block and brick block storage boxes, the memo pad that reveals different items when you flip it, and the power-up items series featuring different costumes for Mario and Peach.
- The Legend of Zelda-themed items, such as the Master Sword and Triforce puzzles, the heart container interior light book, and the sword pick and gummy set.
- The Splatoon-themed items, such as the inkling cushion and mascot series, the character magnets set, and the Splatoon 3 art book.
You can also find some exclusive items for the Osaka store, such as the T-shirt and ballpoint pen with the logo of Nintendo OSAKA. These items are perfect for souvenirs or gifts for yourself or your friends.
Events and Experiences
The Nintendo OSAKA store is not only a place to shop but also a place to have fun. The store hosts various events and activities related to Nintendo games and characters. For example:
- You can play some of the latest Nintendo Switch games on demo stations or on a large screen with other players.
- You can try your luck at capsule toy machines that dispense cute Nintendo figures or badges.
- You can participate in quizzes or bingo games that test your knowledge of Nintendo trivia.
- You can join workshops or seminars that teach you how to make Nintendo crafts or play Nintendo music.
- You can meet special guests or mascots that visit the store occasionally.
You can check out the official Twitter account of Nintendo TOKYO/OSAKA for the latest information on events and activities at the store.
FAQ About The Nintendo OSAKA Store
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Nintendo OSAKA store.
What floor is Nintendo Osaka on?
The Nintendo OSAKA store is located on the 13th floor of the Daimaru Umeda department store, which is connected to the Osaka JR station.
How many Nintendo stores are there in Japan?
There are only two official Nintendo stores in Japan: Nintendo TOKYO in Shibuya and Nintendo OSAKA in Umeda. Both stores opened in 2022.
Is there a Nintendo store in Kyoto?
No, there is no official Nintendo store in Kyoto. However, there is a Nintendo Gallery that is planned to open in 2024 at the former site of the Nintendo Uji Ogura Plant. The gallery will showcase various exhibits and experiences related to Nintendo’s history and products.
How can I buy Nintendo products online in Japan?
You can buy Nintendo products online from the My Nintendo Store, which is the official online store of Nintendo. You can also buy some of the original items from the Nintendo TOKYO/OSAKA stores from the online store.
Do I need a reservation to visit the Nintendo OSAKA store?
No, you do not need a reservation to visit the Nintendo OSAKA store. However, depending on the situation, you may need to wait in line or get a numbered ticket to enter the store. You can check the official Twitter account of Nintendo TOKYO/OSAKA for the latest information on the store’s status.
The Nintendo OSAKA store is a must-visit destination for Nintendo fans of all ages. The store offers a wide range of Nintendo products and merchandise, as well as events and experiences that let you enjoy Nintendo games and characters in a new way. The store is also a great place to take photos and share your love for Nintendo with other fans. If you are in Osaka or planning to visit Osaka, don’t miss the chance to visit the Nintendo OSAKA store. You will have a blast!